Open Source Business Intelligence in a Down Economy
Free White Paper
During the last four years, research initiatives studying IT project portfolios have consistently revealed Business Intelligence—reporting, analytics, and supporting data integration efforts—as the highest-priority technology category for enterprises. Other categories—operational applications, infrastructure, security and a host of others—have moved up and down in importance. Business Intelligence remains at the top.
- Business Intelligence (BI) projects will remain the highest-priority IT investments through the current economic downturn
- BI projects offer better, faster ROI than other initiatives—but budgets are tight, and companies will likely emphasize operationally-oriented BI endeavors
- Faced with tight budgets and time frames, IT units will likely choose open source BI solutions for new initiatives
- Commercial open source BI (COS/BI) solutions deliver all of the straightforward query, reporting, analysis and dashboarding capa- bilities today’s companies need- and boast total three-year costs fully 85 percent less than those of equivalent proprietary solutions with only slightly more—and usually unneeded—functionality.
- Companies will choose COS/BI technologies for cost savings, lower financial, architectural and vendor risks, and a wider range of support options.
Register to Read the Full Report.