Five Levels of Embedded BI
From Static Reports to Analytic Applications
This eBook explains the five most common levels of engagement you can achieve by embedding BI. By following this progression of increasing complexity and value, you can recast a static operational application into an engaging interactive analytic application. The discussion is presented along with a fictitious business application and its users to explain the functionality offered to end users at each level.
Embedded BI can deliver these five levels of engagement:
- Level 1: Static reporting using an embedded reporting library.
- Level 2: Managed reporting with simple interactivity, scheduling, security, and distribution using a reporting server.
- Level 3: Highly interactive reports and dashboards using a reporting server.
- Level 4: Self-service ad hoc reports using a BI server.
- Level 5: Self-service data exploration against a data mart using a BI server.