Powerful HTML5-based visualization engine and terabyte scale in-memory analysis highlight milestone release of reporting and analytics platform
SAN FRANCISCO – November 13, 2012 – Jaspersoft, the intelligence inside apps and business processes, today announced the release of Jaspersoft 5 – the company’s signature reporting and analytics solution. Jaspersoft 5 offers significantly improved data analysis capabilities, including a new, innovative visualization engine that provides business users with a simpler way to interact with data.
The new release bolsters the analytic capabilities of Jaspersoft’s best-in-class reporting and analytics platform and introduces data exploration via intuitive, HTML5-based visualization.
Additional features include:
- Built-in data virtualization to give end users and application developers alike the ability to easily combine disparate data sources into a single metadata view without the complexity of ETL or a data warehouse.
- Powerful columnar in-memory engine to enable terabyte-scale analytics against any type of data, including relational, OLAP and Big Data sources.
- Advanced reporting functionality in the form of personalization that extends beyond column sorting, filtering, table formatting to conditional formatting and cross-tab sorting for greater power and visual impact to reports;
- Expanded OLAP analysis that allows organizations to maintain or extend their existing data investments by broadening XMLA data access to include support for Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services;
- Improved administration with server monitoring and diagnostic tools to improve visibility and responsiveness to system health issues and usage patterns; and
- Industry-leading PHP access to REST APIs for extending BI functionality to popular web-based applications.
With version 5, Jaspersoft is uniquely qualified to deliver self-service reporting and analytics for any user, embedded inside applications or as a stand-alone BI environment, thanks to its 100% web-based embeddable architecture and affordable license model.
“Customers at every size and scale use Amazon RDS to manage the databases powering their businesses. They all want to make sense of the data they generate,” said Raju Gulabani, Database Services VP in Amazon Web Services. “Jaspersoft 5 is a compelling choice for our customers looking for a powerful and cost-effective reporting and analytics environment that is easy to use and embed.”
"Capacity, performance and availability reporting of IT infrastructure is critical for our customers because it allows them to proactively resolve issues and to make key business decisions,” said Ken Adamson, Senior Director of Product Management, Nimsoft Monitor at CA Technologies. “Jaspersoft 5 and its new visual interactivity will make our reporting easier to work with, provide new insight for our customers and make our product more engaging."
“Jaspersoft has enabled us to streamline our reporting and put the power of generating reports in the hands of the users,” said Sriram Iyer, Senior Application Architect at CustomDataSolutions, Inc. “With the new charting and data exploration capabilities in Jaspersoft 5, we envision that it will play an even bigger role in us enabling our customers to make operational and strategic decisions.”
“The Jaspersoft 5 architecture delivers advanced visualization features much like Tableau, but entirely inside a web browser using HTML5,” said Brian Gentile, Jaspersoft CEO. “Our server is built with pure Java and open standards, and our architecture enables access to virtually any data source as well as easy deployment on-premises and in the cloud. In total, we provide a web-scale reporting and analytics platform that can be delivered inside of any business application or process, on all major devices, and at a fraction of the cost of any major competitor.”
“I’m most impressed by the new data exploration capabilities and the improvements to interactive reporting in Jaspersoft 5,” said Cindi Howson, Founder and Principal Analyst at BI Scorecard. “Jaspersoft understands the full continuum of self-service BI and, with this release, gets some of the highest marks for interactive reporting of any of the vendors we cover.”
See Jaspersoft 5 in action! – Register today for this webinar and get an up close view of all the features this new addition to the solution family has to offer.
- More information on Jaspersoft 5
- Follow @Jaspersoft on Twitter to stay up-to-date on all of the company’s latest news and product information
- Visit http://community.jaspersoft.com for more information about the Jaspersoft open source community
Jaspersoft empowers millions of people every day to make faster decisions by bringing them timely, actionable data inside their apps and business processes. Its embeddable, cost-effective reporting and analytics platform allows anyone to quickly self-serve and get the answers they need and scales architecturally and economically to reach everyone. Thanks to a community that is hundreds of thousands strong, Jaspersoft’s commercial open source software has been downloaded millions of times and is used to create the intelligence inside hundreds of thousands of apps and business processes. Jaspersoft is a privately held company with offices around the world. For more information visit http://www.jaspersoft.com and http://community.jaspersoft.com
LEWIS Pulse for Jaspersoft
+1 415 432 2445