GBST, a global technology services provider to the financial services industries, develops the equities and derivatives trading solutions, Shares™ and DCA™. Widely used middle- and back-office settlement systems in Australia, both are known for their reliability and deliver real-time and automated clearing and settlement across multiple markets, currencies, markets and instruments.
The company’s clients needed more powerful scheduled, ad-hoc and dashboard-style reporting.
• Faster report creation: Creating reports for clients previously took weeks, and now, a day or two.
• Self-Service BI: Clients can now create their own ad-hoc reports and dashboards.
• Easy, low-cost deployment: GBST saved tens of thousands of dollars using interns for integration instead of senior staff.
• Lower total cost of ownership: Fast implementation and ongoing report development keep IT costs down.
We can deliver a good-looking web front end with nice scheduling and ad-hoc reporting features. This has also had an impact on the perception of GBST customers who feel that GBST is innovating. We have a reporting solution that can sit across multiple product offerings in multiple markets.
- Linux Red Hat and Solaris operating systems
- Oracle and Intel hardware
- PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server database engines
- Programming in Java
- Glassfish application server
- Google Web Toolkit for UI