Jaspersoft Platform Information Heartbeat
This page provides information about the optional Heartbeat program. With the information gathered from the Heartbeat program, we can more easily deliver and support products for the platforms in use by our customers and the open source community.
Important Points to Consider
- Jaspersoft does not store any data that can be used to identify or contact you.
- The Jaspersoft software creates an anonymous ID for each software instance to avoid double-counting.
- You can enable or disable the Heartbeat feature at any time. (instructions below).
- Operating System (type and version)
- Application Server (type and version)
- Database (type and version)
- Java Virtual Machine (type and version)
- Jaspersoft product (type; edition: Community or Professional; and version)
- Aggregated browser statistics (browser type/version, operating system, screen resolution, screen color depth, locale)
- Aggregated repository database statistics (number of repository referenced JDBC/JNDI databases per type and version)
- The receiving application can derive country and city information from the sending HTTP request.
- IP addresses are NOT stored to protect privacy and encourage participation in the program.
- An anonymous identifier will be created to track unique instances.
- The identifier is to ensure data integrity (for example, to avoid double-counting) and for no other purpose.
- The identifier is not and cannot be used to identify you or your organization.
- Packaging: HTTP post request with parameters, using HTTPS
- Encryption: yes
- Frequency: upon every server startup and then once per week
Opting In or Opting Out
- You will be encouraged to opt into the heartbeat program during installation or when you first log in to your Jaspersoft product.
- If you opt-out of the heartbeat during installation, or when first log into the product, the program will make a one-time call without sending any information about the current installation, just to count the fact that an installation has occurred, for aggregate statistics only.
- If later you want to enable to disable the feature, see “Disabling and Enabling”, below.
Disabling and Enabling
Enabling or disabling the Heartbeat feature in JasperServer after the initial Opt In or Opt Out process is easy. It’s best to schedule this for a time when you perform other server maintenance tasks, as you will need to restart JasperServer.
<bean id="heartbeatBean" class="com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.common.HeartbeatBean"> <property name="enabled" value=" false "/>
- Shutdown JasperServer.
- Using a text editor, edit the following configuration file:
- In the "heartbeatBean" entry, set the value for the "enabled" property to "false" to disable the Heartbeat feature, or “true” to enable it.
- Restart JasperServer.