Company benefits from product and partner momentum, experiences significant customer growth across all geographies
SAN FRANCISCO – March 21, 2013 – Jaspersoft, the intelligence inside applications and business processes, today announced the conclusion of a strong fiscal year, ending January 31, 2013. The company recorded more than 400 new customer deals, a record number that fueled a year-over-year growth in subscription revenue in excess of 40%. Significant product advancements and key new technology partnerships with Amazon, Google and VMware marked a banner year for the company. Jaspersoft also reported considerable global growth, with 40% of its total sales coming from outside of North America (compared to 32% in the previous fiscal year).
In 2012, Jaspersoft advanced its vision as the Intelligence Inside of applications and processes by providing business professionals with embeddable, actionable analytics that deliver greater insight within and beyond the enterprise. Specific highlights of the recently-concluded fiscal year included the release of Jaspersoft 5, the company’s signature business intelligence platform, and the launch of the industry’s first utility-based business intelligence (BI) server on the Amazon Web Services Marketplace, which enables customers anywhere to instantly utilize Jaspersoft’s BI tool and pay for just the amount used on an hourly basis.
Other key Jaspersoft milestones in the past year included:
- Over 1.2 million downloads of Jaspersoft’s open source business intelligence platform;
- Hosting the second JasperWorld Customer & Community Conference, the company’s largest event to date, drawing a global pool of attendees and a variety of high-profile speakers;
- Surpassing an estimated 130,000 applications that embed Jaspersoft’s BI platform as the Intelligence Inside;
- Increasing R&D investment by 50% over the previous 24 months, driving significant feature enhancements for Jaspersoft 5; and
- 22% growth in Jaspersoft’s open source community, with global membership surpassing 325,000.
“Driven in part by the increased demand for embeddable analytics, we experienced solid top-line business growth that, combined with an improvement in overall company productivity, yielded a great step towards profitability,” said Brian Gentile, Jaspersoft CEO. “Highlights included the delivery of our next-generation BI platform that provides native access to practically any data source, sophisticated data virtualization technology, and rich HTML5-based data visualization presented entirely inside a web browser. More than ever before, Jaspersoft’s analytic tools enable fast, effective data-driven decisions. We believe that the embeddable analytics market is poised for even greater growth in the year ahead, and we’re confident that the progress we’ve made over this past year has us well positioned to capitalize on these market conditions and have an even stronger 2013.”
Jaspersoft was also recognized by a number of high-profile industry awards in the previous fiscal year, including:
- InfoWorld’s “Technology of the Year, 2013”
- SIIA CODiE Award for “Best Use of Open Source Technology”
- Red Herring’s “Top 100 North American Tech Startups”
- Red Herring’s “Top 100 Global Startups” (finalist)
- KMWorld’s “100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management”
- See why more than 130,000 organizations have chosen Jaspersoft
- Visit http://community.jaspersoft.com for more information about the Jaspersoft open source community
- Follow @Jaspersoft on Twitter to stay up-to-date on all of the company’s latest news and product information
Jaspersoft empowers millions of people every day to make decisions faster by bringing them timely, actionable data as the Intelligence Inside their apps and business processes. Its embeddable, cost-effective reporting and analytics platform allows anyone to quickly self serve and get the answers they need and scales architecturally and economically to reach everyone. Thanks to a community that is hundreds-of-thousands strong, Jaspersoft’s commercial open source software has been downloaded millions of times and has been used as the Intelligence Inside thousands of applications and processes to date. Jaspersoft is a privately held company with offices around the world. For more information visit http://www.jaspersoft.com and http://community.jaspersoft.com
LEWIS PR for Jaspersoft
+1 415 432 2445