Leading Open Source BI Company Extends OEM Agreement with Talend to Combine Technologies, Delivering Native Access to Big Data Environments
TDWI 2012 Conference, Las Vegas, February 16, 2012 – Jaspersoft, maker of the world’s most widely used business intelligence (BI) software, today announced an upgraded original equipment manufacturing (OEM) agreement with Talend to include native connectors to Apache Hadoop Big Data environments in Jaspersoft ETL. With this enhanced ETL offering, Jaspersoft uniquely offers CIOs, data scientists, and BI Builders the flexibility of three options to harness Big Data: direct reporting, direct real-time analysis, and batch analysis through ETL data mart access.
Big Data sets can traditionally take data scientists hours to extract, transform, and load. Jaspersoft ETL significantly shortens the time it takes to connect to Big Data environments, eliminating the latency of other solutions and allowing insights to be uncovered faster than ever before. Jaspersoft ETL is available as part of Jaspersoft BI Suite 4.5, which turns data into actionable information by massively scaling the amount of data enterprise IT and developers can handle and move at one time. By integrating Talend into the Jaspersoft BI Suite, BI Builders can now support all Big Data use cases:
- Providing business users with summary reports and dashboards while analysts can explore data directly inside the Big Data store without having to move it to a relational database format;
- Enabling data scientists native access to MPP analytic databases, NoSQL data stores, and Hadoop Hive and HBase;
- Delivering batch and real-time reporting and analysis of Big Data within a complete BI suite which includes ETL, reporting, dashboarding and analysis; and
- Efficiently processing the breadth of Big Data types which require advanced transformation and loading technologies across a broad spectrum of latencies – from sub-second to scheduled batches and everything in between – enabling fast connectivity to a variety of sources, storage technologies, locations and owners.
“Today’s data scientists want options to explore data faster. The Jaspersoft BI Suite with enhanced ETL capabilities for Big Data enables efficient data exploration for a faster generation of reports and better decision-making,” said Karl Van den Bergh, Jaspersoft’s Vice President of Product and Alliances. “Jaspersoft’s new OEM agreement continues our great partnership with Talend to provide the best BI solution in the market for Big Data.”
“We are extremely pleased to extend our partnership with Jaspersoft,” said Keith Goldstein, Vice President Worldwide Channels and Alliances for Talend. “They are ahead of the market in terms of their support for Big Data, which brings key benefits to our joint customers in helping them to produce cost-effective reports, dashboards and analysis quickly and easily.”
For more information on Jaspersoft’s Big Data alliance with Talend, please visit http://www.jaspersoft.com/jasperetl.
- The Jaspersoft BI Suite
- Jaspersoft on Twitter
- Jaspersoft on Facebook
- CEO Brian Gentile’s Open Book on BI blog
Jaspersoft provides the most flexible, cost effective and widely deployed Business Intelligence (BI) suite in the world, enabling better decision-making through highly interactive reports, dashboards and analytics. By leading in support for cloud, big data, and mobile deployments, Jaspersoft helps its customers deliver on the promise of self-service BI at scale.
Leveraging a commercial open source business model and a Community of over 250,000 registered members, Jaspersoft's open source BI software has been downloaded more than 14.5 million times. Jaspersoft production deployments, in excess of 175,000, power 100,000 data-driven applications spanning 14,000 commercial customers. Jaspersoft is privately held and has locations around the world. For more information visit http://www.jaspersoft.com and http://www.jasperforge.org.
LEWIS Pulse PR for Jaspersoft
+1 (415) 321-2348