TIBCO makes every reasonable effort to ensure a high quality software product experience for its customers. This document contains TIBCO Jaspersoft® software release and technical support policies for software versions.
Software Release Policy
TIBCO releases software using the version numbering methodology described below. Major software releases are generally released every 12–15 months, with several minor software releases typically launched several times a year. Patch level releases are made available on an as-needed basis to resolve any critical software defects.
Software releases are numbered in the form of V.R.L, where:
- V – Is a major version that contains new features, fixes, support for new platforms (some older platforms may be discontinued), and language translations.
- R – Is a minor release that contains a limited number of new features, fixes, support for new platforms (some older platforms may be discontinued), and language translations.
- L – Is a patch level release that is focused on fixes, support for new platforms (some older platforms may be discontinued), language translations, and on rare occasions, minor feature changes.
HOTFIXES are also made available in certain cases to resolve critical showstopper issues. These are distributed as patches to certain files in the Jaspersoft environment with no product installer or revisions to software version numbers.
TIBCO reserves the right to use any resolution delivery method (“Resolution”) available to resolve an issue. Resolution of any issue(s) that TIBCO provides in the form of a release of Jaspersoft Software will address issue(s) only with respect to the most current major release of the Jaspersoft Software and, in TIBCO’s sole discretion, the most recent minor release previous sequential major release version.
Software Release policy examples:
- When 7.x.x is released: The most recent minor release of 6.x.x may be patched as needed for high severity software issues. Since Version 6.4.x is the most recent previous sequential release, this becomes the only 6.x.x release that may be patched on an as-needed basis.
- When 7.x.x is released: Patches would be provided on an as-needed basis (at TIBCO’s discretion) for critical issues only in the last 6.x.x release (which again is 6.4.x). Patches will be discontinued for 6.2.x, 6.3.x, etc.
- When 7.2.x is released: Patches would be provided on an as-needed basis (at TIBCO’s discretion) for critical issues in 7.1.x (the previous subsequent release). Maintenance releases would be released as necessary in the form of 7.2.x, such as 7.2.1, until the next minor release.
Technical Support Policy for Prior Non-ETL Software Releases
Technical Support calls are accepted on any non-ETL release for two years after a subsequent release occurs. For example:
- Version 6.2.0 is released on November 20, 2015; the two year clock starts on 6.1.x where support calls are taken until November 20, 2017.
- Version 6.2.1 is released on March 23, 2016; there are no additional changes to prior release support clocks.
- If Version 6.3.0 is released on June 28, 2016, the two year clock starts on 6.2.x where support calls are taken until June 28, 2018.
- If Version 6.3.2 is released on June 28, 2017, there are no additional changes to prior release support clocks.
- If Version 6.4.0 is released on June 28, 2017, the two year clock starts on 6.3.x where support calls are taken until June 28, 2019.
- If Version 7.x.x (the FIRST version 7 release) is released on May 8, 2018, then the two year clock starts on 6.4.x where support calls are taken until May 8, 2020.
ETL Technical Support Policy
Technical Support calls for ETL products are accepted based on time lines established by our technical partners. Please refer to the following page for these timelines: talend.com