This eBook explains the five most common levels of engagement you can achieve by embedding BI. By following this progression of increasing complexity and value, you can recast a static operational application into an engaging interactive analytic application. The discussion is presented along with a fictitious business application and its users to explain the functionality offered to end users at each level.
Embedded BI can deliver these five levels of engagement:
- Level 1: Static reporting using an embedded reporting library.
- Level 2: Managed reporting with simple interactivity, scheduling, security, and distribution using a reporting server.
- Level 3: Highly interactive reports and dashboards using a reporting server.
- Level 4: Self-service ad hoc reports using a BI server.
- Level 5: Self-service data exploration against a data mart using a BI server.