Data fuels digital transformation. The opportunity is massive as shown by IDC Research, which estimates that by 2023, over 103 ZB (1ZB = 1 trillion gigabytes) of new data will be created. However, with opportunity comes challenges. IDC also reports that data scientists and business analysts spend as much as 91 percent of their work week on data-related activities such as searching, preparation, and governing.
Data science and analytics require data— providing that data is more difficult than ever. Do any of these sound familiar?
- Your company's demand for analytic data is exploding.
- Your analytic user types and capabilities are more diverse.
- Your analytic tools are more varied.
- Your data is more widely distributed across traditional, big data, Internet of Things, and cloud repositories.
- Your traditional data integration via warehousing and ETL is not keeping pace.
- As a result, your analytics data bottleneck keeps growing.
This paper outlines data science and analytic data requirements and describes how TIBCO® Data Virtualization users can successfully address these challenges. A customer example illustrates how one forward-thinking company is using this powerful combination to its advantage.