JasperReports Server 8.1 updates
There are multiple UI/UX updates through the Ad Hoc Designer
- When creating Cross tabs for the first time, there is a new pop-up window: Add a measure to continue. Nothing will appear on the canvas until you start adding measures.
- The Cross tab now fills the entire width of the canvas so that columns can be wider. Previously, column widths were automatically sized to fit its content.
- Expand/collapse behavior for rows now expands or collapses per cell, instead of automatically expanding or collapsing the subsequent cells.
- For very wide canvases or Cross tabs, the scrolling is now on the Cross tab itself, instead of on the canvas.
- The Preview toggle button is now moved from the toolbar to an Editing/Viewing toggle button on the Title bar in the top-right of the window.
- For Charts, you can now switch between Sample Data, Full Data, or No Data. Previously, the option was only available for Cross tabs and table visualization types.
Users now have the ability to mark their resources as favorite ones so that they can easily find them. This feature is available for both CE and Pro users. This feature enable users to:
- Designate a resource as a favorite
- Remove the favorite designation from a resource
- See a list of all favorites
Server Monitoring now includes Ad Hoc Views with information about all scheduled report executions (successful or failed).
Views can also be used in Dashboards or to create reports. This feature is only available on JasperReports Server Enterprise Edition with enabled Audit.
Super users see all data for their instances. Jasper Admins see all data only for their organization.
Admin Console Beta
A new console interface that allows Administrators to quickly view and control the system. This beta feature is only available on JasperReports Server Professional Edition, and is enabled by default. Super users have access to Schedules and Diagnostics Tabs.
Jasper Admins only have access to Schedules for users under their organization.
Visit Jaspersoft Community for more information.
Report bursting is the process of running a report at once and distributing its data to different recipients relevant to them. Bursting a report needs a list of recipients to whom you want to send the burst report and a bursting report containing a scriptlet attached to its dataset. This bursting report triggers the bursting operation. When you run a bursting report from the repository, it triggers the burst operation. The burst report that you want to send to recipients is stored in the output folder in the repository.
OpenTelemetry Support for Tracing of Report Executions and Input Controls
JasperReports Server now has support for OpenTelemetry, which can be used to enable tracing of JasperReports export executions and input controls. Tracing can be used to investigate performance problems with JasperReports Server. This feature is available for both CE and Pro users.
Jaspersoft Studio and JasperReports Library 8.1 updates
TIBCO JasperReports® Web Studio - Professional Edition
- Stand-alone JasperReports® Web Studio - Professional was released independently and announced along with Jaspersoft 8.0.2.
- With Jaspersoft 8.1.0, you can integrate JasperReports® Web Studio - Professional with JasperReports Server. Now with a couple of clicks in JasperReports Server, you can edit your Reports on the web.
Accessibility for HTML and PDF exports
We have made HTML and PDF reports export accessible as per the WCAG guidelines.
New Platform and Database Updates
- MacOS 12 (Monterey)
- PostgreSQL 13, 14
- Elasticsearch 8.2.0
Security Fixes - There are cumulative security fixes including updates for Log4j and Spring Framework.
Jaspersoft ETL Updates - Jaspersoft ETL 8.0.1 and Jaspersoft ETL - Extended Big Data 8.0.1 is now available. Please refer to the following Release Notes for What's New and What's Changed:
- Jaspersoft ETL 8.0.1: https://docs.tibco.com/products/tibco-jaspersoft-etl-8-0-1
- Jaspersoft ETL - Extended Big Data 8.0.1: https://docs.tibco.com/products/tibco-jaspersoft-etl-extended-big-data-8-0-1
For the complete list of new and updated Connectors and Platforms, please refer to the link.