Jaspersoft makes every reasonable effort to ensure a high quality software product experience for its customers. This document contains Jaspersoft product software release and technical support polices for software versions.
Software Release Policy
Jaspersoft releases software using the version numbering methodology described below. Major software releases are generally released every 12-15 months, with several Minor software typically released several times during a given year. Patch level releases are made available on an as-needed basis to resolve any critical software defects.
Software releases are numbered in the form of V.R.L, where:
- V – Is a Major Version that contains new features, fixes, support for new platforms (some older platforms may be discontinued), and language translations.
- R – Is a Minor Release that contains a limited number of new features, fixes, support for new platforms (some older platforms may be discontinued), and language translations.
- L – Is a Patch Level release that is focused on fixes, support for new platforms (some older platforms may be discontinued), language translations, and on rare occasion minor feature changes.
HOTFIXES are also made available in certain cases to resolve critical showstopper issues. These are distributed as patches to certain files in the Jaspersoft environment with no product installer or revisions to software version numbers.
Jaspersoft reserves the right to use any resolution delivery method (“Resolution”) available to resolve an Issue. Resolution of any Issue(s) which Jaspersoft provides in the form of a release of Jaspersoft Software will address Issue(s) only with respect to the most current Major Release of the Jaspersoft Software and, in Jaspersoft’s sole discretion, the most recent Minor Release previous sequential Major Release version.
Software Release policy examples:
- When 4.0.x is released: The most recent minor release of 3.x.x may be patched as needed for high severity software issues. Since Version 3.7.x is the most recent previous sequential release, this becomes the only 3.x.x release that may be patched on an as-needed basis.
- When 4.1.x is released: Patches would be provided on an as-needed basis for critical issues in 3.7.x and 4.0.x. Regular patches will be released on 4.1.x, such as 4.1.1, until the next Minor release.
- When 4.5 is released: Patches would be provided on an as-needed basis (at Jaspersoft’s discretion) for critical issues in 4.2.x (the previous subsequent release). Regular patches will be released in the form of 4.5.x, such as 4.5.1, until the next Minor release.
- When 5.0.0 is released: Patches would be provided on an as-needed basis (at Jaspersoft’s discretion) for critical issues in the last 4.x.x release. Patches will be discontinued for 4.0.x, 4.1.x, 4.2.x, etc.
Technical Support Policy for Prior Non-ETL Software Releases
Technical Support calls are accepted on any non-ETL release for two years after a subsequent release occurs. For Example:
- Version 4.0.0 is released on January 15, 2011, the two year clock starts on 3.7.x where support calls are taken until January 15, 2013.
- Version 4.0.1 is released on March 22, 2011, there are no additional changes to prior release support clocks.
- If Version 4.1.0 is released on May 30, 2011, then the two year clock starts on 4.0.x where support calls are taken until May 30, 2013.
- If Version 4.1.1 is released on July 15, 2011, then there are no additional changes to prior release support clocks.
- If Version 4.5.0 is released on November 15, 2011, then the two year clock starts on 4.2.x where support calls are taken until November 15, 2013.
ETL Technical Support Policy
Technical Support calls for ETL products are accepted based on time lines established by our technical partners. Please refer to the following page for these time lines: http://www.talend.com/support/support-statements